EVA London 2021 Conference
5th - 9th July 2021
The EVA Conference creates a space for people using or interested in the new technologies to share their experiences and network in a friendly, collaborative atmosphere. EVA London’s focus is on the development and application of visualisation technologies to various domains, including art, music, dance, theatre and the sciences.
For 2021, our 31st year, our annual conference is back in July but will once again remain totally online. It will feature over 70 presentations and demonstrations online from our prestigious International Authors and Keynotes.
EVA London 2021 will be held entirely online All times are UK local time (BST– British Summer Time). The following is the online programme:
Five days of presentations on a wide spectrum of themes and topics, with distinguished keynote speakers.
- Keynote speakers: Five speakers during 5–9 July 2021, normally 2.30pm–3.00pm each day, except 7 July 2021, 1.40–2.10pm. Further information will be available in a joint paper under DOI 10.14236/ewic/EVA2021.1.
- Symposium Panel: Three panelists on 6 July, 6.00pm –7.30pm, chaired by Tula Giannini and Jonathan Bowen.
- Research Workshop: Student presentations on 7 July 2021, chaired by Graham Diprose.
- EVA International: Presentations on 7 July 2021, 2.10pm–3.00pm, chaired by Terry Trickett.
- Demonstrations: 10-minute informal sessions mainly on 9 July 2021, chaired by Sean Clark.
- Presentations will be recorded on YouTube on the EVA Archive, part of the Computer Arts Archive with convenient links to presentations and papers.
There will be evening events during 5–9 July 2021 (separate registration required for some events, which will be sent to delegates).
- Monday, 5 July 2021 –CAS/Art-AI panel session: The Future of reative AI. Computer Arts Society event, organised by Sean Clark et al.
- Tuesday, 6 July 2021 –Symposium Panel: Beyond Human: Arts and identity between reality and virtuality in a post-Covid-19 world. Panel discussion, chaired by Tula Giannini and Jonathan Bowen. (Registration included with conference registration.)
- Wednesday, 7 July 2021 – Art in Flux Social at EVA: Art in Flux event organised by Aphra Schemza et al.
- Thursday, 8 July 2021 – Lumen Prize Longlist: Lumen Prize event organized by Carla Rapoport.
- Friday, 9 July 2021 – Additional demonstrations if needed: Chaired by Sean Clark.
Several parallel workshops (separate registration required, information and timing will be sent to delegates).
The provisional EVA London 2021 programme is available in PDF format. A list of presentations is also available in PDF format with additional information such as titles, keywords, etc. This can be cross-referenced with the programme by paper number. The programme may be subject to minor changes and revisions depending on the availability of speakers, etc. Note that the EVA London 2021 proceedings will be freely available online – see DOI 10.14236/ewic/EVA2021.0. The proceedings will also be available on DBLP, which may be more convenient for accessing individual papers, and in full colour printed form.